Auto Accident Injury
If you have been involved in a car accident, a chiropractor in Pleasant Grove, UT, can provide much-needed relief without medication or surgery. At Chiropractic USA, we use natural remedies to treat auto injuries for long-lasting solutions. Here is what you need to know about auto accident injuries and chiropractic care.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
During an accident, there are several ways you can get injured. You can bump against objects in the car, and suffer knocks and other injuries. Your seat belt and airbags are meant to keep you safe, but they can inflict injuries during a crash. Furthermore, the abrupt stop causes your body to absorb a lot of shocks, resulting in injuries.
Here are the common injuries you may sustain in a car accident:
- Whiplash: If you are involved in a rear-end accident, the chances of suffering a whiplash injury are high. This injury occurs when the impact of the accident causes your head to snap back and forth, damaging your neck’s tendons and ligaments. If whiplash isn’t treated, you may experience neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness.
- Sprains and strains: Car accidents are notorious for causing damage to your tendons and ligaments, resulting in pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Shoulder injury: Your shoulder comprises several bones, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles. Any injury to these structures may cause pain, stiffness, and other unpleasant symptoms.
- Back pain: Your back is a large area, so there is a lot that can go wrong when involved in an accident. Disc herniation occurs when the inner content of the disc leaks or protrudes, impinging on a nearby nerve. Disc herniation causes pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Leg pain: As you would imagine, your legs are vulnerable during car accidents, and you can suffer fractures, strains, and sprains. Chiropractic care can treat your leg pain to reduce pain and restore mobility.
- Headaches: It’s not uncommon to suffer head pain after a car accident, especially a few hours after the crash. Concussions, whiplash, spasms, and impinged nerves can cause headaches and other discomforts.
If you have been involved in a car accident, ensure you visit a chiropractor even if you don’t have pain or visible injuries. Auto injuries can be hidden in nature, and if not treated, they can cause health complications down the line.
How Chiropractors Treat Auto Injuries
If you come to our clinic with an auto injury, we begin by diagnosing your injury through physical examination and diagnostic tools like X-rays. After diagnosis, we may administer any of the below treatments, depending on the location and extent of the injury:
- Spinal manipulation to correct misaligned joints
- Massage therapy for soft tissue injuries
- Stretching exercises to reduce pain and improve mobility
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Pleasant Grove, UT
Are you suffering from an auto accident injury in Pleasant Grove, UT? Please book an appointment with Chiropractic USA for pain management today by calling (801) 785-7874.