Most people think of the knee as a simple joint, but it is actually one of the most complex joints in the body. The knee has to bear a lot of weight and is therefore susceptible to injury. If you are experiencing knee pain, see our chiropractor for diagnosis and treatment. There are various treatments available that can reduce or eliminate your knee pain.
At Chiropractic USA, Dr. Moore in Pleasant Grove will diagnose and treat your knee pain. Whether the pain is the result of a work injury or another personal injury, we will provide an effective treatment. We can also help with your worker’s comp claim to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
How is Knee Pain Diagnosed and Treated?
Our chiropractor will perform a physical exam to make sure it is safe for you to get treatment. We will also ask you a few questions about your pain and test your range of motion, mobility, and flexibility. We may also recommend imaging tests, such as an x-ray or MRI. These tests can help our chiropractor diagnose the pain and create an effective treatment plan.
If your injury is not a result of trauma, but instead due to a condition like arthritis, our chiropractor may prescribe certain exercises to strengthen your muscles and improve your mobility. However, if you are suffering from a knee sprain or strain, it is best not to do any exercises that put too much strain on the affected area until your injury is healed. Some of our knee pain treatment methods include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: The chiropractor applies pressure to the affected area which can help move the joint back into the proper position and reduce the pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy can release tension and alleviate pain.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture involves the use of needles to stimulate certain points on your body, which can help relieve pain.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy involves a range of treatment techniques, such as joint mobilization. This treatment can help reduce pain and restore movement.
- Heat and cold therapy: Heat therapy relaxes your muscles, relieves pain, and increases blood flow. Cold therapy reduces swelling and pain.
Depending on your diagnosis, our chiropractor may use one or more of these treatments to help reduce or eliminate your knee pain. Best of all, chiropractic care does not rely on pain medication or invasive procedures like surgery to produce results.
Contact Chiropractic USA for Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain can be debilitating. Whether it is from a work injury or another personal injury, you want relief as soon as possible. Dr. Moore in Pleasant Grove provides top-quality chiropractic knee pain treatment. Call our team today at (801) 785-7874 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.